Dry Skin And Keratosis Pilaris – Dry skin is a rather common affliction that you must have heard of or even experienced it earlier. Keratosis Pilaris is a common condition, but not many people have heard about it. We will explain how it’s treated and what exactly is.
Have you heard of Keratosis Pilaris?
Dry skin can be a common illness, usually brought on by cold weather, dehydration, and sun exposure and certain skin conditions. Keratosis Pilaris is a common condition of the skin, that is treated as being a standard skin ailment. It causes small, hard bumps on the surface. These lumps are plugs of cells that are dead. The pieces appear on the arms, thighs, cheeks, and buttocks.
What would be the causes of dry skin and Keratosis Pilaris?
Reasons For Dry skin
- Weather – Dry skin commonly occurs in winter months, due to the winter.
- Steam – Taking long hot baths and showers can result in dry skin, due to the presence of the steam.
- Beauty products – Many beauty items, e.g., soaps, deodorants, shampoos, etc. can create dry skin to occur.
- Sun vulnerability – The ultraviolet rays from sunlight penetrate much into the skin, resulting in dry skin and later in life – wrinkles.
- Particular skin conditions – Folks who are suffering from specific skin care problems, e.g., atopic dermatitis (eczema) and psoriasis, have an increased risk for the skin to occur.
Causes for Keratosis Pilaris
Keratosis Pilaris occurs as a result of buildup keratin, a protein that’s usually found within our entire body, with its function to shield the skin from diseases. This builds blocks upward the opening of their hair follicle, resulting in the feature bumps to appear on the surface. The doctors don’t know what is the origin of the, Even though there have been several kinds of research. People with dry skin possess a heightened risk for Keratosis Pilaris.
Are there any complications that you want to be aware of?
If left untreated, dry skin can lead to a couple of complications that can cause problems in your daily life. However, do not be frightened; these are not conditions that you can’t prevent with a few changes in the way you live.
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) – un-treated dry skin can lead to redness, cracking and redness of the skin outward symptoms of atopic dermatitis (eczema).
- Infections – Scratching of the skin due to dryness, can lead to open wounds. The open wounds are a source of germs.
When to Schedule a Meeting at your Dermatologist?
These conditions, even though harmless, could cause itching which at any given time can be excruciating.
- Your condition does not improve, even if you have tried the known ways of achievement.
- Your illness worsens, e.g., if the itching dissipates, your skin starts to peel off, or even in the event the number of observable bumps multiplies.
- You will find open wounds brought on by scratching.
- The scratching is followed by inflammation.
The best way to Remove Dry Skin and Keratosis Pilaris?
We’d like to share some hints to improve dry, skin and Keratosis Pilaris
Dry skin and Keratosis Pilaris are conditions that don’t have a known cure yet. There are tips that many dermatologists have distributed to us. These conditions can prove difficult, as a result of itching that does occur. Even though there is no cure for these conditions, there are some ways that can cause relievement.
- Prevent Hot Tub and Bathrooms – you are still able to enjoy a nice warm bath or shower but bear in mind to restrain the heat of the water.
- Moisturize and cleansing gently – Avoid any beauty services and products that contain alcohol. Alcohol is known to cause skin. Work with a cleanser that contains ceramides, which are present in your skin, helping it to maintain moisture. Remember to exfoliate softly, if you are using an exfoliator. Scrubbing hard may lead to irritability and thickening of the skin. Don’t forget to moisturize skin at least 10 to 20 minutes.
- Shave in the shower – By shaving, you aren’t only removing the undesired hair, but also all of the oils onto the top of the skin. The very best time to shave is deemed to take care of the shower when the hairs are somewhat thicker, which makes them better to become removed.
- Restrict the time spent in the sun – Once subjected to sunlight, don’t forget to apply a sunscreen with a high protective thing, wear light clothing, and drink water. Dehydration is among the principal triggers for dry skin.
- Drink Water – It is vital to drink the recommended amount of water – eight glasses of water throughout the day. This is going to keep you hydrated, and it surely can help prevent dehydration.
There is no need to be more embarrassed if you are suffering from either dry skin or Keratosis Pilaris. Your physician may suggest your affliction to improve, although these are conditions that there was still no cure. Dry skin and Keratosis Pilaris are conditions which require a change in your lifestyle.
Keratosis Pilaris is a common condition, but not many people have heard about it. We will explain how it’s treated and what exactly is.