What to look for in getting an affordable gaming monitor
Over the last 30 years, gaming has dominated the leisure time of many people across the globe. Once thought of as a niche fad, the gaming phenomena has evolved to the point where many people make a career out of it. These career gamers have developed followings on streaming platforms such as Youtube and Twitch, others compete in competitive gaming otherwise known as e-sports. E-sports have a lot of the same dynamics as traditional sports such as teams, audiences and training to hone skills. Whether one is a casual gamer or a competitive gamer, the commonality between the two is ensuring that one has the proper equipment.
Top Rated Budget Gaming Monitors in 2023
Rating is 5 out of 5
Sceptre Curved 27" 75Hz LED Monitor HDMI VGA Build-In Speakers, EDGE-LESS Metal Black 2019 (C275W-1920RN)
- 27" Curved monitor up to 75Hz
- Fast Response Time: Fast response times reduce ghosting & blurring while transitioning pixels, always keeping the enemy & terrain precisely in focus during chaotic moments.
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous scenery that 1080P resolution and 75Hz refresh rate have to offer.
- Built-in Speakers: Perfectly suited to work & gaming settings, built-in speakers deliver robust & smooth audio while saving space on your desk.
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or play applications without straining your eyes.
- Tiltable Display: A display that tilts 15° backward and 5° forward allows you to find a sweet spot that bridges clarity and comfort.
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
Dell S2421HGF 24inch FHD TN, Anti-Glare Gaming Monitor - 1ms Response time, 1080p 144Hz, LED edgelight System, AMD FreeSync Premium, VESA, Gray
- The 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate deliver a smooth, uninterrupted experience. Rapid pixel color changes eliminate motion blur and keep you in the middle of the action
- Stutter-free: AMD FreeSync Premium technology adds another layer of seamless gameplay by eliminating screen tearing and stuttering
- The height and tilt adjustability lets you game in comfort for extended periods
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
HP 24mh FHD Monitor - Computer Monitor with 23.8-Inch IPS Display (1080p) - Built-In Speakers and VESA Mounting - Height/Tilt Adjustment for Ergonomic Viewing - HDMI and DisplayPort - (1D0J9AA#ABA)
- OUTSTANDING VISUALS – This FHD display with IPS technology gives you brilliant visuals and unforgettable quality; with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 @ 75 Hz, you’ll experience the image accuracy and wide-viewing spectrums of premium tablets and mobile devices
- MORE SCREEN, LESS SPACE – Enjoy more desk space than you thought possible with an attractive and ultra-slim design
- PANORAMIC VIEWING – Vibrant detail from practically any position with consistent color and image clarity maintained across an ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
- BUILT-IN SPEAKERS – Experience incredible sound and more immersive entertainment with two built-in 2W speakers
- LOW BLUE LIGHT – Put less strain on your eyes as a Low Blue Light mode shifts colors to a warmer spectrum and makes whites more natural
- TILTABLE SCREEN – Adjust the screen to your personal preference with a 5° forward or 23° backward tilt
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
VIOTEK GFV22CB Ultra-Compact 22-Inch 144Hz Gaming Monitor | 1080P Full-HD 5ms | G-Sync-Compatible FreeSync FPS/RTS | 2X HDMI 3.5mm DP | Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy (VESA)
- BIG GAINS, COMPACT SIZE — 1920 x 1080p monitor resolution. 5ms response time. Blistering 144Hz monitor refresh rate. You can call this widescreen PC monitor a lot of things. Wimpy isn’t one of them. After all, a cheap monitor doesn’t have to be cheap.
- EXTREME SPACE SAVER — Intelligently designed to maximize desk space and give you more room to play. Takes up about as much space as a 20-inch monitor. But you get so much more. And no other 22-inch monitor delivers our lightning-fast 144Hz refresh rate.
- GAME-WINNING FEATURES — AMD FreeSync and G-SYNC compatibility for liquid-smooth action. GAMEPLUS targeting crosshairs for improved aim on any game. Display optimizations let you adjust the screen for optimal viewing on demand.
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
Sceptre E255B-1658A 25" 165Hz 144Hz 1ms AMD FreeSync gaming LED Monitor 2x HDMI 2.0 1x DisplayPort RTS FPS Build-in Speakers, Machine Black, Metallic Black
- 165Hz 144Hz refresh rate pushing beyond the standard 144Hz, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images.
- 1ms playing Fast action games and watching action adventure movies always require fast and accurate Pixel response from an LED.
- AMD FreeSync with FreeSync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their fast paced games.
- Vesa wall mount ready
- Build-in speakers
- RTS FPS
- 165 hertz
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
LG UltraGear 24GL600F-B 24 Inch Full HD Gaming Monitor with Radeon FreeSync Technology, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time - Black
- 24 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) - TN panel
- 144Hz refresh rate - 1ms response time
- Radeon free Sync technology
- Multiple inputs - (HDMI x 2 and display port)
- Headphone out port
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" Gaming G-SYNC Compatible Monitor 1920 x 1080, 144hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time with Height, Pivot, Swivel & Tilt, Black
- 24 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen TN G SYNC compatible display
- 144 hertz refresh rate using display port | Response time: 1ms. Input voltage: 120 volt AC, 230 volt AC
- Height, pivot, swivel and tilt | viewing angles: 170° horizontal and 160° vertical
- 2 x 2 watt speakers | panel type: TN | colors supported: 16.7 million | brightness: 350 nit
- Mounting type: VESA mounting compatible (100 x 100 millimeter)
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
Z-Edge 27-inch Curved Gaming Monitor, Full HD 1080P 1920x1080 LED Backlight Monitor, with 75Hz Refresh Rate and Eye-Care Technology, 178° Wide View Angle, Built-in Speakers, VGA+HDMI
- [1800R Curved Monitor] Wrapping around your vision like the theater screen, the 27’’curved monitor covers a wider field of the view, enhances the depth of the perception. The monitor offers you the maximum immersion whether you watch the movies or play the games, the monitor will fully engage you in all your content.
- [FHD 1080P Resolution and Advanced VA Panel] Built in the high-end VA panel, the monitor enlarges the viewing angle to a greater extend, providing the 178°panoramic viewing angel. The 3000:1 contrast ratio provides richer colors, allowing you to capture more image details.
- [Rapid 75Hz Refresh Rate and 5ms Response Time]With the lightning 75Hz refresh rate and 5ms response time, the display dramatically reduces the motion blur, picture stuttering and ghosting. The fast response time brings a steady visual, giving the users the exceptional gaming experience. Flicker-free and low blue light technology minimizes blue light to protect your eyes from strained after the prolonged use of the monitor.
Rating is 4.2 out of 5
Asus VP249QGR 23.8” Gaming Monitor 144Hz Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 1ms FreeSync Extreme Low Motion Blur Eye Care DisplayPort HDMI VGA,BLACK
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye
What type of budget monitors is best for gaming?
In order to game at the highest level, a good monitor is required. Naturally, many top of the line monitors are quite expensive. That being said, there is an answer to this dilemma thanks to cost-efficient monitors that retain a high level quality. It is also highly recommended to purchase a large gaming monitor in order to maintain as much visibility as possible.
It is also recommended that a 4k curved monitor is used for a gaming setup from a performance based standpoint in addition to showcasing the visual brilliance a game has to offer. A 4k curved monitor can also display video quality in 1080p with relative ease and keep up with a high refresh rate. You can find here https://rightpicktoday.com/blog/the-best-4k-gaming-monitor how to choose the best 4K gaming monitor.
Taking things even further, one can search various websites for a 4k ultrawide monitor with a high refresh rate. Ultrawide monitors provide even more visibility which comes in handy in the midst of an intense gaming match. If one needs guidance, it is worth noting the setups many professional gamers use and finding a cheaper yet comparable substitution.
It should also be noted that 4k monitors are not the only viable option. In fact, a 2k monitor can also provide a quality gaming experience. A 2k monitor is a monitor that displays in a 2,000 pixel range as opposed to its 4k counterpart that displays in a 4,000 pixel range. Like 4k monitors, 2k monitors use freesync, which is an LCD technology that helps with processing power. Freesync is ideal for games with intense graphics and is a great addition when it comes to getting a great gaming monitor. In addition to its features, freesync is not overly expensive and fits a gamer's budget.
Determining monitor size also plays a role in selecting a proper monitor. 27 inch monitors and 32 inch monitors are some of the most common selections when shopping for a gaming monitor. These monitors are about average in size but are still more than adequate in getting the job done for any gamer.
What is a good hertz for gaming?
A minimum of 144hz is recommended for effective gaming and keeping a high processing monitor speed. 144hz is defined as a screen refreshing itself 144 times a second in order to display an image. 240hz monitors are also available and are monitors with the fastest refresh rate, and can play 1080p resolution flawlessly. It is not necessary however to have a 240hz monitor at this time. This is thanks to the fact that gaming has a current threshold of 144hz. Of course, as technology continues to progress, it is currently seen in technology circles to invest into a monitor with the fastest refresh rate as a means of future-proofing a system.
In conclusion, there a wide array of options when selecting a proper gaming monitor. There are many factors to take into consideration and gamers can stay within a budget without sacrificing quality.