Before a fitness workout, one has to pay attention to the warm up or stretching exercises to prevent accidents or increase production during training. There are also a number of precautions and tips that serve as guidelines when doing fitness exercises. Here are some of them.
1. To increase your flexibility and avoid injuries, stretch before and after workout. Almost everyone knows that stretching before training prevents injuries during exercise, but few people know that stretching after workouts when the muscles are still warm can increase flexibility.
2. Hold your stretch position for more than 60 seconds to increase flexibility. While holding your position for 20 seconds is enough to warm up, holding each position for at least 60 seconds, it will develop the flexibility of the body.
3. Do not reach the stretch position, then immediately return to the relaxed position and do it repeatedly. It is more appropriate to call it bouncing while in position. While stretching, hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly relax. You can do this exercise many times this way. Bouncing or forcing yourself into a position during stretching can be a burden or damage to some joints or muscles.
4. Work slowly in steps instead of immediately continuing to do the most difficult exercise or position.
5. Make sure you have stretched or warmed up all muscle groups. For some people, even if they have strong bodies, they tend to overlook the neck when working out of stretching. Stretching the neck muscles can be as simple as putting the palm of your hand on the front of your head and pushing it. Then do the same with the sides and the back of the head.
6. Extend regularly to increase your range of movements and the level of flexibility and strength.
7. Train with only your abilities, not others. Do not force yourself to do exercises you are not yet capable of, just because there are people who can do it. Increase your limits slowly. Listen to your body. There are days when your body may be too tired, which you may need to consider reducing the range of motion.
8. Learn to rest. Go between kits and stations to make sure the body has enough time to regain energy. Also, it is advisable not to work with the same muscle groups consecutively for two days. Muscles grow during the period when you rest, not when you work.
9. Do aerobic exercise to strengthen your heart. Aerobic exercises are those physical activities that make a lot of oxygen for fuel. This includes cardiovascular exercises such as rope jumping, running or swimming.
10. Music can help you when you want to train for longer periods or increase your intensity. You can use mp3 players, CD players or light radios for that. Just make sure you bring your headphones so you do not disturb people who do not like music while practicing.
In addition to preventing injuries and increasing the limit, it is also said that stretching is good for a tired body as well as for a stressed mind and spirit.