1. Burj Khalifa: The Burj Khalifa, in Dubai is the tallest man made structure in the world standing tall at a whopping 829.8 meters. The primary contractor of the structure was Samsung C&T and the project estimated to cost nearly $ 1.5 Billion. The Burj Khalifa was designed to accommodate 30,000 homes, 9 hotels and a 9 hectare manmade lake. The project was completed in 2010.
2. Shanghai tower: The Shanghai tower in Shanghai, China is the 2nd tallest building in the world and is still under construction. The construction of this sky scraper is poised to be completed by 2014 and after its completion; it will stand nearly 628 meters tall in the financial capital of China. It will be the tallest building in China.
3. Mecca Royal Hotel Clock tower: It is the 3rd tallest building structure in the world and is located in the Middle Eastern country Saudi Arabia. It boasts of being the world’s tallest clock tower and also has the world’s largest clock face. This sky scrapper stands at a height of 601 meters. It is in Mecca of Saudi Arabia and does not allow the entry of non Muslims into it.
4. One World Trade Center: It is the fourth tallest building of the world located in the lower Manhattan area of New York. It is a 104 storey tall sky scraper and has an approximate height of 541 meters. It is the tallest building in New York and has even surpassed the Empire State building.
5. Taipei 101: It is the 5th tallest building in the world and is located in the Taipei district of Taiwan. It comprises of 101 floors above the ground and 5 floors under the ground. The construction of this skyscraper was finished by Samsung C&T in 2004. The tower has been designed to withstand typhoons and earthquakes. It stands at an approximate height of 504 meters.
6. Shanghai World Financial Tower: It is located in the Pudong district of Shanghai, China and is the 6th tallest sky scraper of the world. It is a mixed use sky scraper consisting of office space, restaurants, hotels, shopping malls and conference rooms. It stands at a height of 492 meters.
7. International Commerce Center: It is located in the West Kowloon area of Hongkong and is the 7th highest sky scraper in the world. It is a 118 storey building standing tall at 484 meters.
8. PETRONAS Tower 1 &2: They together form the 8th and 9th tallest buildings in the world and are both located in Kaula Lampur in Malaysia. They are also known as twin PETRONAS towers and are still the tallest twin towers in the world. They stand at a height of 452 meters and are the landmark of Kaula Lampur.
10. Zifeng tower: It is also known as the Greenland Zifeng tower and is the 10th tallest sky scraper of the world located in Nanjing, China. It is an 89 storey building comprising of office and retail space and is nearly 450 meters high.